Sunday, November 16, 2008

Shaver

November is shaping up to be quite the adventure in my world! I spent last weekend in San Diego (it was heavenly, but I forgot to take pictures!), this weekend in Shaver, and next weekend me and Sally will be in Oregon. Wow! It is so nice to be back in a location that is fairly close to places that I would like to go, unlike Lubbock. 
So this weekend we went up to Shaver lake, where our family has a cabin (thats lakehouse to you midwesterners out there). I haven't spent time up there for probably at least five years, although I think it was even longer than that. Its only about an hour away, so its a place that is a nice escape when you want something different without having to be in the car for hours on end. We had three dogs with us (mine, my mom's, and my cousin's puppy) so at the beginning of the trip we weren't sure how all of that was going to go. I usually don't let Bailey off the leash much because she isn't predictable, especially when other people/kids/dogs are concerned. But they all spent almost the whole weekend off the leashes, and loved every minute of it! Bailey and Captain (the puppy) had a great time chasing each other and playing in the lake. 


I think Bailey was in shock that she got to dig and dig without being yelled at. She took full advantage of the situation and made a muddy mess. Luckily her fur has some super special artic oil in it where dirt falls off... she looked clean by the time we walked home. It was nuts. 

I got to spend a lot of time indulging my pyro tendencies, and we roasted marshmallows outside last night. Overall it was a great time! Hooray for mini-vacations :)

No comments: