Wednesday, February 25, 2009

twitter!

I just discovered twitter a few days ago, and I have to admit that I am addicted! I've known about it for a while, but never really saw the allure. So I finally signed up on a whim (procrastination takes many forms...) and I love it! I think it appeals to the narcissist in all of us. I mean, who wouldn't want to get updates on every painstaking moment of my day?! You get to sit at your computer (or your cell phone) and update the world on what you're doing! In reality, no one cares. But you get to think that they do, so you update. And update. And update. And people follow you! You must be important if random people follow you. Clearly they are interested in the minutia that makes up your life. Haha... It's awesome. 

Then you get the updates from other people (you can follow online or set your cell phone to receive texts about certain people). Just think, you never have to be stuck wondering what your friend is doing that minute! Its like facebook status updating on steroids. ANDDDD you can follow celebrities/news outlets/writers/whoever. So, for example, I spent all day today getting updated with news stories from Michelle Malkin and my fave bloggers! You can respond to them, they can respond to you, its wonderful. 

There you have it: my newest guilty pleasure/procrastination technique. If you tweet, drop me a line ;)

1 comment:

Drew and Bitar said...

Hmmm, it's amazing huh? I'm still a closet-narcissist...I'm thinking about it though. ;)